ABOUT THE EVENT
The Tamale Dinner is a Friendly House signature event that has been held for 81 consecutive years, proudly making it the longest, continuous fundraiser in our state. This year, The Tamale Dinner continues with its exciting new festival format in a partnership with Food City, attracting an even larger, more diverse audience. Food City’s long-running Tamale Festival will mark the weekend, while the traditional Friendly House Tamale Dinner will take place on the Saturday night of the big weekend.
FAQ & POLICIES
- Admission to the festival is free. Tickets to the Tamale Dinner cost $150, tables for ten cost $1,500.
- This is a rain or shine event.
- Ticket refunds will not be offered.
- Vegetarian food will be available.
- Limited re-entry will be permitted.
- The following is prohibited: smoking inside the event; pets/animals (except service animals); outside food or drink; backpacks larger than 17x12x10; weapons, sharp objects or fire arms; tents, canopies, lawn chairs, large umbrellas (except small umbrellas for personal use); illegal substances.
- All bags are subject to search.
LOCATION & HOURS
Festival: On Washington St, 1st-4th Avenues, 10am–6pm; Dinner: Cesar Chavez Plaza, 6pm-9pm.
Entrance to the festival is free, but a canned food donation would be much appreciated. All canned food donations will go directly to Friendly House’s food pantry.
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING OPTIONS
Parking is available in the garage on 3rd Street, between Jefferson and Washington.
BRING CANNED FOOD
Please consider bringing any canned goods to donate at entry and they will go in the Friendly House Pantry, helping to feed those who need it most. Simply bring cans and leave them with the gate staff!
Contact: Charlene Vasquez
EMAIL CHARLENE VASQUEZ